We closed on a house this weekend! A playhouse, that is! What can we say, we’re eager to start a house makeover…of any size. 😉
We have been looking for some time for a playhouse for our girls, and when this one popped up on craigslist it fit the bill. It’s 6’ x 8’ with a 9’ height at the peak. As you can see it’s in need of a little TLC.
I’ve been pinteresting (is that a verb?) like crazy since we brought this baby home, and we’ve decided on a few upgrades:
- a deck. How cute will it be for the girls to have an outdoor area for a little table and chairs??
- a loft. Because with that 9’ peak we can.
- a dutch door.
- a fresh coat of white paint to brighten up the inside.
- Some cute curtains inside and flowers outside
- And maybe a larger window on the front of the house.
We have the perfect spot to place it – down in the wooded area of our yard – visible from the house but not from the road.
The exterior paint color is still a question mark. I want some blue and white to tie it to our shed and we’ll use dark brown on the deck to tie it into our swingset and pergola.
So perhaps something like this?
We have a deadline of May 30th to finish this project (because that’s when we plan on beginning a REAL flip)!! So on Mother’s Day we got started when we headed to our local home improvement store and picked up supplies for the deck! I’ll let you know how deck building goes…so far this week is full of rain. But we need the weather to cooperate – the deadline is fast approaching!